Gastric Bypass Surgery

My weight loss journey after Gastric Bypass surgery.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gastric Bypass Surgery Still Not Taking Seriously

If the subject ever comes up and I tell someone I have had gastric bypass surgery, there is a pretty good chance that a women (and it is always a women) who does not have a serious weight issue, says "Oh, I should get that, I am getting so fat!"

That kind of statement makes me so mad! It is as if gastric bypass surgery is the new diet craze but here is the catch, you can not turn back! This is a lifestyle change, it is forever and it is not for the average person looking to lose 20 pounds!

This is no joke .... the paperwork, the stress tests, actual surgery that takes recovery time and a year of slowly adding foods until you can go back to eating most everything. I had the surgery over 4 years ago and I still have to think about what and when I eat. It was totally worth everything because it saved my life but you have to know what you are getting yourself into!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Linda Kossler said…

    please read and answer...

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Chef Linny said…

    Dear Linda,

    Would be happy to, just ask away!

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Bypass Surgery said…

    Can you tell me Why some people became fat after gastric surgery? What is the reason?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home